The Proposed Development
- Demolition of the Atlas Trade Park and construction of a standalone Lidl food store with associated car parking.
- Provision of a brand new discount food store (1,375m2 sales area, 806m2 of ancillary space) with 91 free car parking bays of which 2 are for electric vehicles, 6 will be disabled spaces and 8 parent and child spaces.
- Contemporary food store building using high quality materials.
- Soft and hard landscaping treatment to be applied to all external areas.
- A limited range of products (2,000 lines) necessitating continued use of existing local retailers.
- Provision of up to 40 new jobs for local residents.
Proposed Lidl store
The proposed building is designed to respond and enhance the site’s characteristics in terms of its configuration, surrounding built environment and relationship to the variety of uses within the vicinity. A quality palette of materials will be used throughout the development. See below a photo montage demonstrating an example Lidl food store.
(Click the image for a larger view)
The redevelopment of the site will provide the following benefits to the local area:
- Provision of a brand new discount food store
- Improved local shopping amenity
- Increased consumer choice
- Enhanced social inclusion
- New employment opportunities
- Energy saving technologies reducing the carbon footprint of the development
- High quality design and building fabrics